forgive me, for i have sinned

Style : LV.

I've got a confession to make. I've made a cardinal fashion related sin. No Im not talking about double denim *shudders* or socks with sandals. Although isn't that supposed to be in right now? Oh no, Much worse. Maybe it was just the hype of the Turkish market, or the fact I was being hassled every 5 paces by people telling me to buy fake Raybans, Ed Hardy t-shirts, fez's, glass sculptures, kebabs, over priced silver jewellery and belly dancing outfits. Id actually quite like to have bought a Fez on second thoughts though. Yes my fashion loving friends, I bought a fake bag.

Not any old fake bag, I bought a Louis Vuitton bag. Why? I really don't know. Maybe it was just to get them off my case for 10 minutes. In all honesty I cant even see myself using it. One, its fake and two its "Louis Vuitton". I've got nothing against Louis Vuitton bags, But I wouldn't say that Im really one of those typical LV toting girl! I like the print and the size and shape. Im just not sure how I'd actually feeling wearing it around home! If I was at home and was to pick out a designer bag, Id probably choose Chanel, Mullberry or Balenciaga! It was about £30 (about 90 Turkish Lira) , Which apparently is "good price! best price!" because my step dad saw someone selling the same thing for 120Euros! I don't even know if its a proper Louis Vuitton bag style or not. I dont really care to be honest. As you see some ridiculous bags over here plastered with Chanel logos or done in various shades of Louis Vuitton print!

I cant help but feel a little dirty by buying it. Infact Im actually supposed to be buying my first REAL designer bag within the next few months, Im so close to saving up enough money for it. My current dream bag total is now £435. So hopefully by the end of the summer I'll have enough for it. I'm going to save another £400. The day I strut into Selfridges in Birmingham to pick out THE bag for me, will make me feel so proud, Because I saved up for it myself! This fake bag has made me really think about it.

Its tough for me because there are some REALLY convincing fakes out there, I saw a almost perfect Mullberry Bayswater copy, and it looked perfect, I just KNEW the lock wasn't quite right. I know someone whose an avid fake Balenciaga fan, Shes got about 20 different coloured GGH city bags in an array of colours, And they all look just like the originals! Even though I do have a problem with buying fake/counterfeit/copied whatever you want to call it bags, But at the same time I see why people do buy fake, These bags are often ridiculously priced and unobtainable. Then again you can buy good quality bags all over the highstreet nowadays. And you always see Highstreet shops doing "inspired" designs! Someone commented me the other day saying that Peacocks were supposed to be doing a Mullberry Alexa style copy bag in the next few weeks. Whats the difference between fake and "inspired"? Its a tough subject and I'd love you know your thoughts!



0 comments:

Post a comment on: forgive me, for i have sinned

Archive

forgive me, for i have sinned © 2012 Case of style area