Ask LLYMLRS #1: Makeup Application

Style : If you have any questions you would like me to answer in detail, Please email me on LLYMLRS@googlemail.com, And I will try and answer it in as much depth as I can. Ask me about anything you want to know about, It could be art, fashion, beauty, blogging or anything you can think of! For quick/easy questions feel free to just ask me on Formspring!



"I was just wondering what your make up routine is? Your face always looks flawless but natural? Would you do a makeup tutorial?"

Without makeup, I wouldn't say I was that flawless, My main problems are my weird skintone (its really yellowy/grey but warm and pink at the same time), oily skin and the occasional spot or two. I've never had really bad skin problems like acne or dry skin, So I am very lucky in some respects. I learn't everything I know about makeup from Youtube. There are so many fantastic gurus out there to learn all the tips and tricks from. My favorites include Pixiwoo, Petrilude, xSparkage and MakeupbyTiffanyD. If your a makeup novice defiantly check those Youtubers out!

I have to admit this was the first time I've ever filmed myself and I'm not talking because I currently have a throat infection, and its a struggle to actually speak. So instead you have to listen to 12:51 by The Strokes instead of my squeaking! Putting my makeup-less face on the internet makes me feel weird too, So who knows if I'll actually keep this post up. It's all sped up as its not supposed to be a How-To, more of just something to watch to get an idea of what I do when I apply my makeup.


Face: Lacura @ Aldi Shimmering Moisturizer, Fyrinnae Primer, Estee Lauder Double Wear in Ecru, Revlon Photoready in Shell, Chanel Bronze Universal, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, Topshop Cream Blush in Neon Rose, MAC Stereo Rose
Eyes: MAC Paintpot in Painterly, MAC Eyeshadow in All That Glitters, MAC Eyeshadow in Expensive Pink, NYX Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown, Eyeko Graffiti Liner in Jet Black, Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
Lips: Rimmel Shake Up Pink
Brushes: QVC Duo Fiber Stippling brush, Coastal Scents Kabuki on a Stick, Coastal Scents Basic Kabuki, Flat Shader brush,
MAC 226, MAC 116


My foundation is too light for me at the moment, and its really apparent in the video, The Chanel Bronzer does make it look right in real life, the lighting wasn't my friend either which doesn't help. I blend it in with a Duo Fiber brush because I feel it gives a light yet flawless coverage without putting to much foundation on the face, I've tried all the other foundation brushes but prefer the Duo Fiber ones the best. I have a MAC 187, but use it for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes that are uber sparkly, The QVC one was £7.99 from Superdrug and is just as good! Oh and I think that the Lacura @ Aldi Shimmering Day Cream is a good dupe for MAC Strobe Cream, and its only a few pounds!

I always use MAC Painterly Paintpot on my eyes before applying eye makeup as I have oily lids, so wearing the Paintpot as a primer means it says alot longer! Also, Although I have thick and dark eyebrows, I still fill them in because they are quite short on either side so I like to elongate them a tad to frame my face more! I use a pencil at the moment but I do also use a powder depending on what comes to hand! I was sent the Eyeko eyeliner and I really love it. One of the best pen liners I've ever used, its not drying, hard to apply or too stiff! I totally recommend it!

If you have any questions relating my makeup application ask away in the comments and I'll reply, So keep checking back!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Ask LLYMLRS #1: Makeup Application

Archive

Ask LLYMLRS #1: Makeup Application © 2012 Case of style area