how they wear: neutral shorts

Style : 1



Inspired by my post the other day wearing my beige shorts, It got me thinking about how I could actually wear them. So using my two favourite fashion social networking websites, Chictopia & Lookbook, I gathered all my favourite pictures of girls wearing them saved them into a folder, and in the process not only found some awesome and new ways to wear my shorts, I found some great new blogs to follow in the course of it!

As you may or may not know, I'm not a trouser (pants) wearer but I occasionally wear shorts. I've had a recent love affair with shorts, I used to wear this pair of denim shorts non-stop when I was in college. I seriously wore them until the crotch went, I mean I literally wore them everyday for like two years. Not long after that I stated to change my fashion sense and just decided the only way to get away from that was to never wear shorts ever again. The past year I've seen people like Alexa Chung, Fearne Cotton and Daisy Lowe all effortlessly pulling off shorts, So I decided to look into it. Neutral shorts are really in at the moment, especially with the current spring/summer going into autumn/winter colour palette being earthy and neutral. These type of shorts can be worn with or without tights, and can be worn in such I think they are one of those key interseasonal pieces that everyone should have in your wardrobe. They are smart and casual, But like I did in my look the other day, They are great when dressing down and being comfy!

I love the first look and the sixth. I wore my shorts with a plaid shirt, But if I had I just tucked it in and then belted it, I'm sure it would smarten the whole look up 100%, and would be a simple but chic look. I love the idea of wearing a nice loose fitted striped Breton. Funnily enough, even though its a fashion blogger staple (don't you think!) I don't actually own a striped top like that, But I was eyeing up a nice one in H&M today. Ari's look is beautiful too, I love the idea of keeping the colours muted and nude for a really romantic floaty feel. I think they just look really cute with a plain tshirt tucked into them, If you add a blazer and a cute clutch, you have a super easy and incredibly fashion forward look.


Which look do you like the best? Are you a fan of neutral shorts? Would you wear neutral shorts? Fancy inspiring me a bit and letting me see a look of yours wearing neutral shorts? Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: how they wear: neutral shorts

Archive

how they wear: neutral shorts © 2012 Case of style area